Each year, the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) hosts a conference that brings together, educates, and inspires patients, families, and caregivers from the bleeding conditions community. This conference is a vehicle for providing support to the patient community while promoting the latest in technology and therapies for treating hemophilia. Pharmaceutical giants such as Pfizer, Bayer, Biogen, and Novo Nordisk, to name a few, are in attendance each year.
The team from Baxter/Baxalta partnered with Pivot Design in 2014 and 2015 to develop and implement integrated conference themes that drove the visuals and experiential touch points of their corporate booth. For both conferences, I played a vital role in designing the creative and messaging and that supported both themes—including the design of both conference logos, generating the overall look and feel for the printed collateral and booth design, and making recommendations on corporate giveaways and activities that supported each theme.
My role during these conferences stretched far beyond the design realm. Top-to-bottom project management was key during the planning and design process for each conference. A few of my responsibilities included:
- Assisting with the art direction and layout of each booth design
- Managing communication between Pivot and Baxalta’s meeting planning team
- Overseeing the submission of concepts and collateral to Baxalta’s legal and regulatory review system to assure all works created were in compliance
- Coordinating print production with our trusted vendors
- Overseeing shipments, tracking, and deliveries
- Sourcing and art directing on-site photographers and videographers
- Individually owning and directing separate events that spun-off of the main conference, such as Baxalta’s Afterglow Lounge—an educational evening event set to inspire and engage the hemophilia community with their peers
- Being on site during each conference to take inventory and provide support where it was needed
Baxter at NHF 2014
Back to Main